Who we are
I am Jayne Gaze Visual Artist – currently based in Worcestershire, England, United Kingdom. My website address is: https://www.jaynegaze.com.
Jayne Gaze Visual Artist is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. If you have a customer account with this website, it is your responsibility to safeguard your password.
What information do we collect and what do we do with it
We only collect information provided to us by yourself. When you browse our website, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Information will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfil all our responsibilities, including financial record keeping.
We keep contact form submissions for as long as necessary for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at https://www.jayngaze.com/contact/. Please note that we will be unable to remove your information from our essential records, for example: invoices and receipts.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms & Conditions.
What are cookies and why do we use them?
- Keep the website running as you’d expect (for example keeping you logged in as you browse different webpages and storing shopping basket contents).
- Remember which pages or items you have visited, so we can show you personalised content.
- Store your personal information.
- Pass on your personal information to third parties.
Types of cookies and what we use each type for:
- First Party: These are cookies set by us and only usable by us. They are the ones that keep you logged in during a browsing session and help us enhance your user experience.
- Third Party: These are cookies set by third parties that we use. The only third-party cookies that may currently be used by Jayne Gaze are essential ones to enable transactions to be made and for the security of the site.
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that are deleted when you close your browser. These are the ones that keep you logged in as you browse from page to page.
- Persistent Cookies: These are stored on your device for a fixed period. We use this to remember your preferences to show you personalized content and offers, as well as remembering your log in or payment details for your next visit, if you specifically tell us you want us to.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click on the three dashes icon in the top right corner of your Firefox browser. Scroll down to choose ‘Settings’ then ‘Privacy & Security’ and select your preference from the range of options.
- Safari on iPhone or iPad: Go into ‘Settings’ on your phone/tablet, then select ‘Safari’ and scroll down to ‘Privacy & Security’ where you can choose to block all cookies.
- Microsoft Edge: Click the three little dots in the top right corner of the Edge browser and select ‘Settings’, then ‘Cookies and site permissions’ to set your preferences as you wish.
- Google Chrome: Click the three little dots in the top right corner of the Chrome browser, the choose ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Privacy & Security’. Click on ‘Cookies and other site data’ to choose your preferred options.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We only share your data with those who facilitate the safe operation, security, and order processing of this website, or with law enforcement if required to do so.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through Akismet, an automated spam detection service.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
The website shop is powered by WooCommerce
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email, and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for six years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
Who has access
Both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
We have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds, and support you. At no point do we have access to your credit/debit card details as these are handled by a third-party payment gateway.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example:
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.